I wasn’t planning on writing about the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario this week, but when the second round of the cannabis retail store winners were announced yesterday, it pissed me off enough that the AGCO now hit the top of my list and everything else got pushed back.
How is Ontario screwing this up so badly? I’ve already talked about the OCS and their miserable track history, Doug Ford has completely dropped the ball and it’s the Ontario government that deserves the brunt of the blame here.
Just how bad is the incompetence? The Ontario government must be stoned….
One of the 42 winners was 11180673 Canada Inc, which seems innocent enough until you see that they list 104 Harbord Street as their proposed retail location. That’s the location of CAFE, an illegal cannabis dispensary that has been raided multiple times and currently has big cement blocks that the police put up to try and shut them down. Yeah, those guys…
I posted this previously on Twitter, but I ventured out to get my haircut a few weeks ago and happened to walk by CAFE… They were literally selling marijuana from their backpacks and clearly ‘still in business’.
The AGCO has essentially authorized a bunch of criminals to open their own legal cannabis store. Despite Ontario being the largest market in Canada and with so many people deserving to get their retail cannabis license, the entire lottery system simply isn’t working.
But don’t believe me. Just about everyone is frustrated right now…
Here is the complete list of cannabis retail license winners the second time around. Another complete fail was the 3 winners for the East region, all within minutes of each other on Commerce Park Drive in Innisfil… not bad for a city with a population of 36,566
- 9247220 Canada Ltd., 570 Bloor St. W.
- Najla Guthrie, 964 Kingston Rd.
- 11180673 Canada Inc., 104 Harbord St.
- 1916384 Alberta Ltd., 619 King St. W.
- Jason Krulicki, 2480-2490 Gerrard St. E., Unit 20A.
- Brian F. Parker, 1303 Queen St. E.
- 2197130 Alberta Ltd., 1180 Queen St. W.
- Varant Kichian, 213 Queen St. E.
- Maria Laura Rasile, 237 Queen St. W.
- Helene Vassos, 730 Danforth Avenue, Suite 1.
- 2464 Dufferin Inc., 2464 Dufferin St.
- 2708654 Ontario Ltd., 501 Church St.
- Junaid Khan, 815 Queen St. W.
- Cory Floyd Cacciavillani, 1025 Plains Rd. E., Burlington.
- Ekrem Uzunova, 20 Simcoe St. S., Oshawa.
- Grant Willson, 15243 Yonge St., Unit 3, Aurora.
- Corner Grass Corp., 5779 Main St., Unit 105, Stouffville.
- Ravino Junaev, 20 Simcoe St. S., Oshawa.
- 2674620 Ontario Limited, 1505 Guelph Line, Unit 3-4, Burlington.
- Patricia, Gertrude, Donnelly, 589 Fairview Rd. S., Kitchener.
- Noah Soberano, 1135 Richmond St., London.
- 2249364 Ontario Inc., 1400 Upper James St. Suite 8, Hamilton.
- Pietro Greco, 115 Division St., Welland.
- Kyriakos G. Anastasiadis, 545 Ouellette Ave., Windsor.
- 11535447 Canada Corp., 1338 S. Service Rd., Building C 5 Unit 2, Winona Crossing Shopping Centre, Stoney Creek.
- Robert Chomiak, 1310 Fanshawe Park Rd. W., Unit F1, London.
- Bara Bahlul, 8685 Lundy’s Lane, Unit 6, Niagara Falls.
- Eleonora Plata, 1142 Wilson St. W., Unit 9, Ancaster.
- Hratch Abrahamian, 395 Ontario St., Suite B2, St. Catharines.
- John Reynolds, 120 Wyndham St. N., Guelph.
- Ronen Ackerman, 2008 Commerce Park Dr., Innisfil.
- Ethan Stark, 4335 Strandherd Dr., Unit 3, 4, 5, Nepean.
- Huge Shops Ontario Inc., 566 Frank Hill Rd., Peterborough.
- German Olga, 1988 Commerce Park Dr., Innisfil.
- Ilim Uzunova, 1982 Commerce Park Dr., Innisfil.
- Louis Laskovski, 312 Hurontario St., Collingwood.
- Sofia Kuliev, 65 Collier St., Barrie.
- Thomas Miszuk, 317 Northern Ave. S., Sault Ste. Marie.
- CC alliance, 273 Pine St. S., Timmins.
- Carl Ignatius, 420 Second St. S., Kenora.
- Gerald Harrison, 1802 Victoria Ave. E., Thunder Bay.
- Lorne J. Fine, 390 Lakeshore Dr., Suite 3, North Bay.
Enough of the rant, let’s move on and see how their SEO looks like.
Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario SEO Audit (agco.ca)
DR Rank – 69
DR stands for Domain Rank, it’s a score used to determine the authority of your website in search engine rankings. This is also commonly referred to as DA (Domain Authority) depending on the SEO tool you are using.
Referring Domains – 1540
This is the total number of domains or websites that link back to agco.ca
Referring Pages – 9470
This is the total number of pages that link back to agco.ca
Backlinks – 16,937
This is the number of actual links back to agco.ca
Dofollow Backlinks – 14,863
DoFollow links are powerful because these types of links tell Google to pay attention to the site they are linking to and increases the authority score of that website
Nofollow Backlinks – 2055
NoFollow backlinks are still important, but tells Google to essentially ignore them and doesn’t pass link juice that increases the authority rank of the website they’re linking to
Search Keywords by Position Rank
Search keywords by position are the search terms people use when searching on Google and link back to AGCO. Being #1 on Google is huge, but the value also depends on how often people search for those keywords.
|agco special occasion permit||1||100||https://www.agco.ca/alcohol/special-occasion-permit-fees|
|alcohol gaming commission ontario||1||50||https://www.agco.ca/careers|
|how old to buy alcohol in ontario||1||10||https://www.agco.ca/alcohol/legal-drinking-age-and-photo-id|
|atg head off liquor||1||20||https://www.agco.ca/alcohol/special-occasion-permits-liquor-industry-promotional-event|
|cannabis retail license ontario||1||60||https://www.agco.ca/cannabis/guides/cannabis-retail-regulation-guide|
|liquor licence ontario||1||100||https://www.agco.ca/alcohol/special-occasion-permits-public-event|
|alcohol and gaming commission of ontario||1||1,700||https://www.agco.ca/alcohol/special-occasion-permits-private-event|
|liquor license ontario restaurant||1||50||https://www.agco.ca/alcohol/liquor-sales-licences-new-applications|
|liquor licensing board of ontario||1||30||https://www.agco.ca/about-agco/contact-us/feedback-and-complaints|
|lcbo liquor license||1||250||https://www.agco.ca/alcohol/application-process-private-event|
|ontario dispensary license application||1||150||https://www.agco.ca/status-current-cannabis-retail-store-applications|
|cannabis license ontario||1||100||https://www.agco.ca/content/retail-operator-licence|
|ontario gaming commission||1||150||https://www.agco.ca/alcohol/special-occasion-permits-private-event|
|liquor license for wedding||1||20||https://www.agco.ca/alcohol/application-process-private-event|
|alcohol and gaming||1||150||https://www.agco.ca/cannabis-email-updates|
|ontario health card id||1||20||https://www.agco.ca/alcohol/legal-drinking-age-and-photo-id|
|open alcohol in vehicle ontario||1||50||https://www.agco.ca/alcohol/general-alcohol-faqs|
Search Keywords By Volume
Search keywords by volume is the actual number of searches for a specific keyword or term on Google. You don’t need to be ranked #1 for a keyword with big search volumes for huge SEO wins and can often be more valuable than ranking #1 if more people are coming to your website with that search volume.
|beer store hours||43,000||921||https://www.agco.ca/alcohol/hours-alcohol-sale-and-service|
|service ontario hours||32,000||322||https://www.agco.ca/alcohol/hours-alcohol-sale-and-service|
|olg lotto max||31,000||70||https://www.agco.ca/document/seller-application-guide|
|map of ontario||22,000||4310||https://www.agco.ca/sites/default/files/map/ONT_CN_ST_E.html|
|ontario cannabis store||22,000||93||https://www.agco.ca/sites/default/files/map/ONT_CN_ST_E.html|
|food basics hours||18,000||514||https://www.agco.ca/alcohol/hours-alcohol-sale-and-service|
|ontario government jobs||14,000||91||https://www.agco.ca/|
Finally we take a look where the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario get their backlinks. How does a government site get some of their Google love?